About our team
Zenda is building a revolutionary platform that re-imagines how healthcare payments work.
We are a team of seasoned software and fintech entrepreneurs who’ve come together to solve a big problem we have experienced first hand. We value diversity of thought, principled thinking and can-do attitudes that keep up the pace needed to succeed in our market. We’re making a bold bet – and there is no better time than now to get on with it.
We are pursuing bright passionate people who enjoy moving fast to deliver inspired products in a remote-first work environment. We offer you the opportunity to shape the future of our products, our company and the world of payments itself.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join the Zenda team. The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled engineer who is passionate about using technology to solve healthcare related fintech problems. You will be working alongside experienced team members to help launch new products.
What you’ll do
- Conceptualize, design, develop, test, and deploy scalable services to manage financial information
- Work with Product Managers and the Engineering team to understand end-user requirements
- Design and develop solutions, handle service integration and deployment to the cloud
- Implement effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and testing automation
- Collaborate across teams on priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience in supporting highly scalable applications and services in a production environment
- Extensive experience with microservices and serverless architectures
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in NodeJS
- Experience with AWS services such as API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Simple Notification Services
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases and PL/SQL
- Familiarity with unit testing and integrating testing frameworks
- Familiarity with CI/CD, JIRA, Github, and Agile Development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary and equity for all full time employees
- Flexible PTO
- Generous allowances for home office setup
- Health insurance (of course!)
Please Mention These in Your Application
- Links to online profile (GitHub, Gitlab, etc)
- Work history (LinkedIn or Blog URL)
Zenda is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.